Society Registration in India
Get Your Society Registered @ ₹10,999/-
Our dedicated team will help you with the entire process of getting your NGO registered.
Request Quotation/Call Back
Overview of Society Registration
Society Registration, under, The Society Registration Act, in India, lays down certain procedures for the sake of society registration & operation. This act was implemented with the purpose of augmenting the legal stipulations of society registration for the advancement of literature, fine arts, science or distribution of awareness for bountiful purposes. The society registration act, 1860 has been accepted by several state governments without or with further amendments.
A Society can be created by a minimum of 7 or more persons. Apart from persons from India, companies, foreigners, as well as other registered societies can also register for the Memorandum of association of the society.
A society registration can be done for the promotion and development of science, fine arts, or literature, or the distribution of insightful knowledge or charitable purposes of political education. As per section 20 of the Society Act, 1860, registration of a society is granted to serve either one or all of the following purposes;
- Promotion of fine arts.
- Diffusion of political education.
- Grant of charitable assistance.
- Promotion of science and literature.
- Creation of military orphan funds.
- Maintenance or foundation of galleries or public museum.
- Maintenance or foundation of reading rooms or libraries.
- Promotion or diffusion or instruction of useful knowledge.
- Collections of natural history.
- Collections of mechanical and philosophical inventions, designs, or instruments.